Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday

Ben woke up great this morning, but ended up having 2 tonic clonic (grand mal) seizures at my mother in laws house during his nap.

I left school for a minute to bring him a clonazapam and while I was gone I was able to talk with the doctor's nurse.  They advised that we increase the clobazam.  So we will now give him 10 mg of clobazam 3 times a day.  There aren't any increases left. 

The doctor said that because it's not really working that we need to start the process for the ketogenic diet.  They said it takes a little time to get it all scheduled and that someone would be calling us soon. 

We don't even know what to think at this point. 
Leeon and I said through this whole thing that we need to just focus on right now. 
Don't look too far ahead to the diet or what not - just focus on the current med at the current dose. 
To take it one step at a time. 

But here we are. 

I hope they call tomorrow - I have lots of questions to be answered.

We are thanking God that:
~  the myoclonic and drop seizures still have not returned
~  my mother in law is able to watch Ben while we are at work
~  that my principal and team mates are so willing to help and I was able to leave work to help get Ben settled

We are continuing to pray that we will have wisdom to know what to do and for a complete healing for Ben.

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you all! Love you!

    ReplyDelete