Saturday, November 19, 2011

first day home

It's so good to be home!

This morning, Ben was starving so I warmed a pizza that Angie and I made last night.  Lunch didn't go over so well because of the amount of oil and butter that was on the chicken.  I tried to water down the cream and add liquid splenda to make it more like milk, but that didn't work.  For dinner tonight, he had peanuts, pepperoni with oil on it and we hid some of the cream in a diet root beer.  He drank it!  :)  It wasn't as much as he was suppossed to drink, but it was the most ever!  I think if we go a little at a time, he won't notice it so much. 

Tonight we are rejoicing for victories:
  1. Ben just ate a great meal!
  2. He hasn't had a seizure in 2 days!
  3. I found a cookbook that I will get tomorrow to help with meal planning. (Thank you Brandy for picking it up for me!)  :)
  4. Our dietitian put me in touch with another mom who struggled with keto at first, but is now 2 years into it and has some great tips.
  5. We went to the store today without a helmet!
Please continue to pray:
  1. That Ben will not have another seizure.
  2. That his strength will increase.  He took 2 naps today and fell asleep on the way to and from Cedar Hill.
  3. That we will find ways to get the fat into him that is more palatable.
  4. That Leeon and I will have strength - it's hard to listen to him cry out in hunger but be unable to give him what he wants. 
I'm so thankful for a scripture that my friend, Lisa, posted on her facebook page the other day.  It's a great reminder about God's faithfulness. 

"Lord, remember my suffering and my misery, my sorrow and trouble.  Please remember me and think about me.  But I have hope when I think of this:  The Lord's love never ends; his mercies never stop.  They are new every morning; Lord, your loyalty is great.  I say to myself, "The Lord is mine, so I hope in him.'"


1 comment:

  1. Praise God for such good news! No seizures!

    We continue to pray for you and Leeon to have strength for the difficult parts. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete