Saturday, November 12, 2011

Information about the Ketogenic Diet

Fred Vogelstein's son, Sam, is a 9 year old struggling with epilepsy.  He has written an article about the ketogenic diet for the New York Times.  You can read about it here.  It's lengthy but it gives a lot of information about the diet, the side effects, the calculations needed, as well as the results.  It's a good read if you are interested.

I've read that if the children like the whipping cream, they won't have to consume quite as much butter and mayonnaise.  I'm really hoping that Ben will enjoy the cream.  Please pray with us that as we introduce new foods (he's already a very picky eater), he'll find new things that he likes. 

I'm not sure what to expect on Monday.  I feel a little like I'm on a see-saw - one moment I'm full of hope thinking, "We've got this!  We can do it!"  And then the next moment, I'm overwhelmed at the challenge that lays ahead of us. 

But one thing I know for sure is that we have the best support around us!  Our friends and family have been beyond amazing.  Ben is one loved little boy - that is for sure!  We also have a wonderful God who has promised to never leave us and we can continue to rest secure in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment