Wednesday, November 16, 2011

this is hard...

Ben has been asleep - out cold - most of the day.

The little bit that he ate for breakfast, he didn't keep down.

Everyone keeps telling us that it's because his body is having to learn a new way to use energy, but it's still hard to watch.  We are keeping a close watch on his blood sugar level.  They said he'll probably hang out at about 60-70 while on the diet.  It dipped to 45 in the middle of the night and we gave him some apple juice (20 mls) and it was better.  We just repeated the process a few minutes ago, but he's not perking up.  He's completely out.

 I keep thinking of the song I posted last night...these words are a good reminder of His faithfulness.

If my heart is overwhelmed and I cannot hear Your voice
I’ll hold on to what is true though I cannot see
If the storms of life they come and the road ahead gets steep
I will lift these hands in faith
I will believe

I remind myself of all that You’ve done
And the life I have because Your Son

Love came down and rescued me
Love came down and set me free
I am Yours I am forever Yours
Mountain high or valley low
I sing out remind my soul
That I am Yours I am forever Yours

Please continue to pray that Ben will respond better and that Leeon and I will have peace and strength.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to keep hearing from you: both the happy messages and frustrating news. Thank you for providing specific things for us to pray for. God tells us to pray and to cast all our cares on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father, I ask You to touch Ben's body. Father You are Ben's healer & You are where his help comes from. Give his doctor wisdom and direct him on how best to help Ben. Cover his momma & daddy in the peace that only You can give. Your word says that in their weakness You are sufficient. Help them to lean into the shelter of Your wings as You continue to work this situation out for their good & for Ben. In Jesus able name, amen.

    ReplyDelete