Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Ben had another rough night.  He had 7 seizures during the night.  Five of them happened in a four hour period.  We tried diastat (valium) - it gave us an hour and a half of uninterrupted sleep.  Then we tried clonazapam - and he had another seizure 10 minutes after that.

But this morning, he's doing good.  He is stumbling a lot, but he has a lot of drugs in his system.

He's actually trying to vaccuum the house.  :)

**********************************************************************************

It's Christmas Eve!

The tree is lit and there are even a few gifts under it already.

Leeon and I would give just about anything to wrap a gift of healing for Ben.

But as soon as I start thinking about Christmas and what it really means, my heart is filled with hope.

God has already given us the greatest gift - His Son.  His divine plan is to heal us from our greatest sickness - sin.  All we have to do is accept this gift! 

I feel compelled to share with you His message of hope

He longs to have a relationship with us - with you. 

I don't have it all figured out.  There are a lot of human emotions that get in the way of my relationship with God at times.  I have a lot of unanswered questions.  I don't know why Ben is sick or why we are on this roller coaster ride.  I don't know why everything we try seems to fail.

But I do know that His plan is greater than my own!  He has promised to work out everything for good.  He loves Ben with a perfect love - He has wonderful things in store for him.  We can't see the big picture, but He has it all planned out. 

"So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever." 
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

We are in a rough spot with Ben.  It does feel like things are falling apart on us at times.  But God is making new life and His grace is unfolding.  He takes the ashes - the parts that are leftover after you've walked through the fires of difficulty - and makes things beautiful again.  He's making beautiful things here in Ben's situation and creating a beautiful home for us in heaven. 

Oh, heaven.  I can't even begin to imagine it!  "...the lavish celebration prepared for us..."  

If you haven't accepted the offer of hope that comes through Jesus, I'd love to talk with you about it. 

If you are walking through your own fiery trial, know that you are not alone.

Hope.

It's God's gift to you this Christmas. 

6 comments:

  1. Completely beautiful post, Laurie. Your strength and faith inspire me everyday. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, that was so beautifully said! Ben is so blessed to have you as a mom! You are so inspiring to me and others. I will continue to pray for Ben's healing and for the doctors to have the knowledge to find the right medications for him. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and so important to keep perspective. You're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers continue and hope prevails. God is good, all the time.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope deferred (literally drawn out) makes the heart sick.
    BUT when the desire comes it is a tree of life.
    Prov. 13:12
    For in You, O Lord, I hope; You will hear, O Lord my God. Psm 38:15..
    What a wonderful entry of Hope in the face of disappointment...I pray your faith sustains you. It is not by might, nor by Power but by My Spirit says the Lord...I am sure it is difficult to see by the Spirit and not look at the flesh or the natural...I pray God strengthen you again and again...we are believing no matter what we see that God will heal little Ben and he will go seizure free in Jesus Name and it will be soon...Blessings to you and your family...His grace upon you....Amen! Margaret KVAG-Maine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the inspiring post. It was just the right timing for us to read. Doose came into our family this last year. We are so thankful for the hope that we have in Jesus. We are praying for your family!

    ~ Rebekka

    ReplyDelete