Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ben's buddies

Ben has had another great day! 

I've told myself that I'm not going to keep track this time. 
I've said that I'm just going to accept the days as they come. 

BUT we are on day 4 of no seizures!!!!!  :)  :) 

We are taking advantage of this reprieve.  We are enjoying the good moments for sure! 

We are also thankful for:
~  Ben is doing so good! He's playing, laughing, talking, and even getting into a little trouble. :)
~  financial blessings - God is providing in ways we couldn't even imagine - from donations through  Team Ben to even an anonymous card in the mail today.  We don't even know how to say thank you.
~  encouragement - we've received such beautiful cards this week.  I read them over and over again.
~  prayer support - God is our sustainer and we wouldn't be where we are right now if it weren't for His strength.  Thank you for lifting us up to Him.


This brings me to the title of the post. 

I'd like to introduce you to one of 'Ben's buddies'.

His name is Ethan. 


He is 3 1/2 years old and has also been struggling with Doose.  Isn't he adorable?


He is taking numerous medications and is on the ketogenic diet as well.  But he's having a hard time right now.  He's in a rough patch and I know how dark those days can be. 

His parents made this video describing Ethan's journey so far with Doose.




Would you pray for Ethan and his sweet family?  His mom has shared with me that he has not had a seizure free day since this whole thing started for him.  As hard as the roller coaster has been on us, I can't imagine not having a break.  His parents are Bob and Rebekka.  They are actually in preparation to become missionaries to Indonesia. 

I'd love to direct you to a few different places. 

You can read about Ethan here.
You can read about their missions effort here.

You have been a constant source of encouragement to me.  Your words and acts of kindness are so full of life and hope and goodness.  I would love for you to take just a minute and let this family know that they are not alone. 

You can leave a message on their blog or even email them at living5stones@gmail.com
source:  always pray

Thank you for never giving up...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are such an encouragement. What blessing.
    Thank you for your kind words. This verse came to mind today and I wanted to share it with you:
    "Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely." 1 Corinthians 13:12
    Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete