Thursday, January 26, 2012

it's the {little} things

Tonight I started making Ben his hotdog meal.

I opened up the ketocalculator and played around for a minute and discovered something great!

Ben could have 44 grams of a hot dog, 10 grams of cheese, and 61 grams of cream for dinner!

An entire hot dog weighs 57 grams so you could imagine my excitement as I began to trim it down to 44 grams.

It was almost the entire hotdog!!

And the best part was that I didn't have to add any butter or oil.  Normally I do and then he has to drink the "hotdog juice" and scrape the remainders out with a silicone spatula. 

I told Ben, "Wait until you see your hotdog!"

He said, "I'll close my eyes!"

When I told him to look and see, he literally clapped his hands and jumped up and down saying, "Thank you mama, thank you!"

It may be strange to be so excited about a hot dog. 

But. This. Is. Huge.

It just goes to show that you have to keep trying. 
You have to keep working at the hard things.
You can't give up hope. 
Because one day you'll be surprised at what you discover. 

Tonight I'm thanking God for...hotdogs.

7 comments:

  1. His smile makes my heart happy! Yea for HOTDOGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop whoop! So happy for the hotdog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... Enjoy that hotdog, Sweetheart! I'll rejoice with you for hotdogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple blessings are the best! Hooray for hotdogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart rejoices..love that smile and that wonderful 'hot dog'.....blessings
    Margaret in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aidan's been praying that God "help Bennie's seizures to go away so he can play baseball again." :)

    I'm looking forward to the return of all those special little things! For all of you!

    ReplyDelete