Sunday, January 22, 2012

jello puffs cereal - keto style

I attempted this recipe a few weeks ago.

It wasn't a huge hit with Ben, but we will probably try it again sometime soon.

Here are the ingredients:

15.6 grams egg whites
13 grams pecans
6 grams walnut oil
0.5 grams sugar free jello powder


Grind the pecans into a fine powder.

Whip the egg whites into stiff peaks.

Gently fold the walnut oil, pecans, and jello into the egg whites.  It's hard to mix without overmixing the egg whites.

Put the mixture into a baggie.  Snip off the end.

Pipe dime-sized mounds of batter onto parchment paper.  Bake for 11 minutes in a 300 degree oven.

The recipe yielded less than 1 cup total.  But in keto world, nothing is measured this way.  I just wanted to show how much it made.

This entire portion is a 4:1 ratio with 154 calories. 

If Ben wanted it for a snack (like dry cereal), he could have only 1/3 of the entire portion.  Then I would measure out a teeny tiny bit of fruit to get to a 3.5:1 ratio. 

If he wanted is as a meal, I could measure some cream, add water, and serve as cereal.


**************************************************

Ben is doing so well!

Today, I noticed that he ran through the living room and jumped over his puppy with both feet.  His balance is back! 

I also marveled at how well he played his drums!  Just a few weeks ago, he could only push the foot pedal because his hands were either shaking uncontrollably or he was constantly seizing.  At one point we had to sit behind him and hold him because he kept seizing and face planting into the drum set.  He was playing this song this morning - my favorite.

It's the little things that make a big difference;  things that are easily taken for granted until you almost lose them.

We sang this song today at church and I love the words.  I can't help but remember how His presence is always with us - even in the darkest of times.  I am amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment