Tuesday, January 24, 2012

top 10

Team Ben is a top 10 team for the Dallas Stroll for Epilepsy! 

I don't think it means anything and I should mention that we are number 10 of the top 10, but we are there!  :)  It's just fun to see our name on the website.

Click here to check it out:  Top 10 Teams (although I'm not sure how long we'll stay there)
Click here to join our team.

THANK YOU for joining our team, for donating to the epilepsy foundation, for giving to our family, for being such faithful prayer warriors, for checking in on us and celebrating!  I love how God has brought people into our lives during this challenging time.  Leeon and I are still overwhelmed by how giving and thoughtful you are.

Leeon took Ben to the pediatrician yesterday for a blood draw.  We are checking his depakote level to be sure it doesn't drop as it did at Christmas time.  We are also checking to make sure he doesn't develop aplastic anemia (a rare side effect of his new med).  He's such a trooper though - he had to be pricked three times before they finally got a good spot.  :(  We have to do this every 2 weeks for the first 3 months of this new drug and then we can reduce it to monthly.  I'm anxious to see what his depakote level is.

His ketones seemed to drop last night.  They were moderate instead of large.  So today, we took out all of his fruit which made his meals a 4:1 ratio.  I tested again tonight and they were still moderate, but then Leeon got the other jar of strips (that we have to use weekly to also test for trace amounts of blood in his urine that may lead to kidney stones) and tested the urine again.  That strip was VERY dark indicating that the ketones were large - it was off the color scale.  So, I'm not sure what is going on.  I'm wondering if some of the stips were contaminated or something.  We opened a new jar and we'll see what happens tomorrow night.  For being so important, it doesn't feel very scientific.

The best part of today is that it was another seizure free day.

I can't believe I'm still typing those words.  On Sunday night we heard a noise and Leeon ran into the bedroom while my heart literally stopped in my throat.  I almost couldn't breathe for a second as I braced myself to hear Leeon shout my name. 

But he didn't.

Ben was sound asleep.

His bear fell off the bed and made a strange sound.

January 7th, 2012 was the first day of seizure freedom and it's my new favorite date.

:)

4 comments:

  1. God is so GOOD!!! We are celebrating with you! We couldn't be happier! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God for His goodness and faithfulness...and so thankful that those attributes don't change! Thankful for every great day that y'all have! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy tears.

    Thank you, Lord, for the gifts of doctors, medicines, diets, and faith. Thank you for perseverance, courage, and comfort. Thank you, Lord, for every day...but especially January 7, 2012.

    Amy Jensen

    ReplyDelete