Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ben's birthday

Ben turned 5 today.

F-I-V-E.

I'm not sure where the time has gone, but it seriously needs to slow down.

Birthdays are special, but after becoming a mom they mean so much more.  I think I get more excited on his birthday than he does! My heart overflows each time I think about holding my little 6 pound baby for the first time.  I fell in love the moment I saw him and it seems that my love grows more each day.


And after spending so much time at Cook Children's Hospital,
birthdays mean so very much more.

We are so thankful for Ben - he is a gift from God and we are thrilled that he is seizure free for his birthday.

Look at my little guy...


And here he is tonight...so excited that he's finally 5.


I told him to make a wish and he said, "I wish that I'm 10 so I can have a skateboard."

Slow down buddy!  This mama's heart can't take it!

Happy birthday, Benny...I love you.

3 comments: