Saturday, March 17, 2012

hindsight is 20/20

I've been working on my 2011 blog book (from my personal blog) and I just re-read an entry that in hindsight makes me take a step back.
It's interesting because I usually just blog pictures of Ben and our activities.  But God was busy working on my heart.  He was preparing me even then for the change that was coming our way. 

This entry was written on June 18, 2011.  Ben's seizures returned on July 5, 2011 - just a few weeks later.  They returned with a vengeance and turned our world upside down.

Here's the blog entry:

when fear sets in...

I read this today and it really ministered to me. I'm posting it because I hope it'll bless you as well. I also want to know that I can reference it quickly.

At times, my mind wanders to the great unknown and panic sets in as I wonder, "What will I do if...?" But I'm asking the wrong question. I need to ask, "What will God do if...?"

Beth Moore says, "Here's a smattering of answers to that mighty good question. 
 
I, the Maker of heaven and earth, will:
  • perfect everything that concerns you (Ps. 138:8)
  • work all things together for your good (Romans 8:28)
  • contend with those who contend with you (Isaiah 49:25)
  • fight this battle for you (2 Chronicles 20:15)
  • equip you with divine power (2 Corinthians 10:4)
  • delight to show you mercy (Micah 7:18)
  • meet all your needs according to My glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19)
  • give you grace that is perfectly sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9)
  • be your power in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9)
  • do immeasurably more than you could ask or imagine, according to the power that is at work within you (Ephesians 3:20)"

What then do I have to fear? I have so much to learn about what it really means to completely trust in God. His promises are reassuring and His faithfulness is true...

2 comments:

  1. Bless the Lord, O my soul. I am so thankful that you have meet the LOrd and that you (all) are His. I cannot imagine dealing with this alone. I praise you Lord for who you are! Thank you Lord for claiming us, loving us, and working in our lives!

    ReplyDelete