Ben is doing great! We are past the 2 month mark of NO seizure activity! He is doing so good. He's able to play again, ride his bike, and do all things boy. If you ran into us at the park you would never know that July 2011 - January 2012 ever happened. The difference it that remarkable. We are ever so thankful.
A few areas that we still need prayer are:
- His white blood cell count dropped again. The doctor is looking for trends so if it continues to trend down, we will have to look at making a medicine change.
- Ben has gained 4 pounds in the last two months. It doesn't sound like much, but that's 10% of his body weight. When we go back to the doctor we will get more accurate measurements, but we may need to decrease his daily calories. We need wisdom for the dietitian.
- He is having a hard time with insomnia. Either he falls asleep immediately but doesn't stay asleep all night or he can't fall asleep until the late evening hours. Solving this problem would probably involve a med change so pray that the neurologist will have wisdom as well.
- Leeon and I need prayer for perseverance. It's easy to become frustrated with the food limits we have to set for Ben. Dinner time is the most frustrating - it's a battle.
- As the days get warmer, we are noticing his inability to sweat. This is another side effect of the meds. Please pray again for wisdom from the doctor as we make decisions about possible medication changes.