Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hope - my focus for the month

Hope.

We were at the park the other day and I was pushing Ben on the swings and watching him climb on the equipment and my heart was overwhelmed with gratitude.  Just a few months ago, he was unable to do any of it. 

I remember walking into school late during inservice one day in August.  Ben had just had multiple seizures and we were in the beginning stages of this journey.  I had cried my heart out in the car and tried to gain composure so I could get into school.  As I walked towards the door, I got a text from my brother.  He sent me this scripture at the exact moment I needed to hear it.

Hope is a powerful thing.


God is a God of hope.
As we choose to trust in Him, he fills us with joy and peace.
And then as our hearts and minds find rest, supernatural hope overflows.

At Christmas, we were in a very dark place but God was so real to us.  I wrote about the Hope that was born and our reason for celebrating Christmas.  I posted this video about what His birth really means for us.  But as we are approaching Easter Sunday, I can't help but think again about this great Hope

Without Easter, Christmas would just be a good idea; a comforting thought; a beautiful dream.  But Easter takes the events of Christmas morning and makes Hope a reality. 

"God wrapped Himself in skin and walked the streets of a broken humanity."  He came to give us everlasting life.  He came to bring light to our darkest moments.  He came to bring peace to your situation.  He came to give us Hope



My eyes have been opened to so many situations that seem hopeless.
You may be facing your own seemingly hopeless situation right now.

My prayer is that my God
who is full of HOPE
will fill your heart with joy and
your mind with peace as
you choose to trust in Him.
I pray that you will
overflow with the supernatural HOPE
that can only come from Him.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment