Tuesday, July 10, 2012

grilled cheese {keto style}

I was so excited to find a carb free bread! 

I thought it was going to really be an answer to our prayers.  When I got home and tried to play around in the ketocalculator, I only became frustrated. 

And then I tasted it. 

wow.  interesting.  My friend, Angie and I both agreed that it tasted a bit like a wet brown paper bag. 

So, since Ben wants to eat pancakes for every meal, I thought maybe I could use the pancake base and create something different. 

I thought it might work well as a grilled cheese sandwhich. 



It looked ok, smelled ok, and Ben ate it, but he requested that I "never make that again".

So we'll add this to the fail category and move on.  :)

1 comment:

  1. WHAT RATO IS BEN ON? WE ARE ON A 3.5 AND I GET SAMMI'S BREAD OUT OF FL FOR MY GIRL AND MAKE A GRILL CHEESE. IT IS AMAZING FOR HER. IT'S SO MUCH LIKE A REAL ONE :) ONLY SMALLER ... SHE GETS 23 GRAMS ON A 3.5 RATO... FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME WITH QUESTIONS. GOOD LUCK
    JENN

    jenhaxton@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete