Sunday, July 15, 2012

keto cuisine pizza

I got a free sample of this new product called ketocuisine!



It boasts that it does not have the same medical smell or taste as the ketocal.  I plan to use this product mainly as the crust for Ben's pizza.  I like using these products because the ratios are so high it helps him to have a really delicious sauce for a pizza topping. 

Check out the difference in the ingredient lists:

Ketocal: tons of ingredients, most with names that I can't pronounce or only recognize as some sort of chemical compound of sorts


Ketocuisine:  just a handful of ingredients, although they are still mostly unrecognizable


I used the same recipe but just replaced the ketocal with ketocuisine.  It looked fluffier, more like pizza.  It smelled better too.  When he picked it up to eat it like pizza, it held it's shape much better. 

But ironically, the ratio worked out so that he can only have the pizza.  When I make the pizza with the ketocal, he's able to have a few grams of fruit with it.  So that was a bit disappointing to him when he discovered that he could only have the pizza.  But I think he enjoys the taste more so in time he'll forget that he used to get a few extra carbs or a bit of protein with it.



Overall, I'm very impressed with the ketocuisine, except there aren't very many recipes listed online.  I'm more of a recipe follower vs. a recipe creator so it's intimidating to me.  It's also time consuming to enter recipes into the ketocalculator, but I'm going to try.  I'd love to be able to make him some bread or a cookie.  If anyone has suggestions, please pass them my way!

4 comments:

  1. Recently found your blog and love it. I have a son who started on the ketogenic diet a few weeks ago. Your recipes and ideas really help. I hae also enjoyed reading back to when you started and it keeps me inspired to keep going. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jessica. I pray that your keto journey is successful and that your son finds healing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get a free sample

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our dietitian contacted then to set up our account and they sent us one bag free. You need a doctor or dietitian to authorize your need to the company. Then you could even request a fee sample yourself. Hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete