Thursday, July 5, 2012

my focus for this month...


Isn't that amazing?

We were known even before our parents knew we were on our way. 

Psalms 139:16 expands on this idea and says,

Your eyes saw me when I was only a fetus.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book
before one of them had taken place.


"Every day was recorded before one of them had taken place"...even July 5, 2011.

You can read about that day here, but in short, this seizure stands out in our mind as different from all previous seizures.  And the days and months that followed proved to be different as well. 

But that day was written in God's book as part of Ben's life. 
We didn't know it was coming, but it came. 
And as unbearable as some of the days that followed were, God was with us.
The hardship did not catch Him off guard.

I'm not sure I will ever forget that date, but that's not the only one that was recorded either.

January 6, 2012 is the date of Ben's last seizure. 

This month is interesting...we remember life one year ago and the uncertainty surrounding it. 
But we also get to celebrate
6 whole months of seizure freedom
and 8 months of successful diet therapy.

Wow.

I'm not sure what other dates will become important in my mind in the future, but I'm so thankful that God has seen them all and recorded each one. 

He is aware.
He sees the beginning and end of your storm.
He knows how it's all going to work out, so we have no need to worry.

1 comment:

  1. Praising God for 6 months of freedom!!! We love you and continue to pray for our little guy daily!!

    ReplyDelete