Saturday, July 28, 2012

peanut butter cups {keto style}

I've been on the hunt for some good snack recipes that will work at school.  I've seen a few that involved chocolate, but I have been quick to dismiss them because he was never a fan of chocolate before the keto diet. (shocking, I know!)

So I decided to try these peanut butter cups.  I don't remember where I found the recipe, but they are a HUGE hit!  It's a perfect 3.5:1 ratio and each one has 74 calories (this is slightly over his specific allowance, but still within a good range).




I love how simple this recipe is to make...simply melt the butter and stir in the peanut butter.  Then stir in the truvia and cocoa.  Then just pop them in the freezer for a few minutes!


I multiplied the recipe by 12 to create a larger batch.


They have to be kept frozen (or at least refrigerated) because it is mostly a pat of butter and melts quickly.  But Ben loves to eat them on a toothpick.


When I told him that he could have some candy, he just started giggling.  It was fun to watch him get so excited for something. 

Yeah for an easy and well loved snack!

2 comments:

  1. These look great, but I'm confused by your measurements, are you using grams?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, all the recipes are measured in grams. Be sure to calculate the recipe for yourself using your specific items. Not all butter is created equally. Different brands will change the ratio drastically. Do you have access to ketocalculator.com? I'd love to talk sometime, email me at laurieanne1@sbcglobal.net.

    ReplyDelete