Wednesday, August 1, 2012

doing the impossible

As we approach the beginning of the school year, I was becoming increasingly concerned about how to balance everything. 

I didn't know how I would survive the demands of the first few weeks of school and manage to get Ben's meals prepared. 

So I started dreaming...I thought if I cook lots of meals now, then maybe I can get a three week reprieve from cooking.  It wouldn't take all of the work out - there are still portions of the meals that have to be prepared at the time of consumption, but it would make a HUGE difference.

So I made a list.
I formulated a plan.
And then I was blessed with help!


My mom and my best friend, Angie helped me reach my goal and actually go beyond it! 

My freezer now holds...
32 pancake meals,
20 pizzas,
21 donuts, and
35 pieces of bread for his peanut butter sandwhich.

I couldn't believe it and I still can't!  I feel so very blessed to have such support!

St. Francis of Assisi once said,
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

What an empowering day it was - doing the impossible! 

1 comment:

  1. It was a fun day! Let's do it again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete