Thursday, September 6, 2012

my focus for this month....

Determination.


Epilepsy wanted to ruin this day for him...but it didn't.


We are determined to keep moving forward. 
Despite the daily challenges that still exist, we are determined to keep going. 
We are not giving up. 
We are not giving in to fears of the unknown. 
We are pressing on.  One.step.at.a.time.

I'm so proud of my little guy and so thankful for my our school.  Each day, he's adjusting a bit more; growing more confident; becoming more interested; and understanding how it all works.


We are praying that:
  • God will give us wisdom in any decisions made at our neurology appointment this month.
  • Ben's bloodwork will all return normal this month.
  • For continued endurance...he deals with large amounts of medications that cause some pretty severe fatigue, as well as place him in a 'fog'.  He has to fight hard to get past all of that to focus. (and focusing is hard enough for any active 5 year old boy!)
  • We have found his forever miracle...that the seizures will never return.  ever.
We are rejoicing that:
  • he hasn't had a seizure in 8 months.  we are soooo close to celebrating one whole year!!!!
  • some nights are better than others in regards to insomnia
  • he has not shared any food at school...I know that God is empowering him to avoid temptation
  • he's in a regular ed, all day, kindergarten class...the same can not be said for all "Doosies" and 8 months ago we weren't sure what the future held for him.

My scripture for this month is a bit long and the version is not traditional, but I love it.


I wrote about it months ago, on Christmas Eve, because it gave me great hope for the future.  And here we are 8 months later and I'm still filled with hope and renewed determination to keep moving forward.  I can't wait to see where we'll be in another 8 months. 
 
..."not a day goes by without His unfolding grace"...

4 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post! We praise God with you for what He has done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So many milestones for your family! Can't wait to hear that you hit that 1 year mark! Hope your school year is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that first Kindergarten picture of Ben...
    I'm sitting here weeping....as I realize
    it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

    The love of Father God is consuming.
    It's like the tide coming in to shore. It never ... ever stops.
    His thoughts concerning us...every need we have...every request we speak... are focused, trustworthy, and sure.
    Resting in the palm of His hand is the ONLY place to be.
    He has us.
    He holds us.
    All that we are...
    All that we have...
    All that we hold dear...
    Belongs to Him!

    This is what you and Leeon have "lived out" over this past year.
    Your faith and trust in God both inspired me and kept me in awe.
    I am so grateful for the miracle Jesus has performed in sweet Ben.

    Throughout this past year as the difficult times came I "tried" to put myself in your shoes as much as I could while interceding...

    So today when I read your post...I'm as moved, grateful and proud as I would be.... if Ben were my own son...

    I keep that sweet picture from his 1st birthday party (of he and Symi encountering a pinata for the very first time -lol!) beside my bed each night. It is a constant reminder of God's amazing blessings, His unmerited favor, and never ending faithfulness to our families.


    I love you my friend!
    B




    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see he's doing great in Kindergarten! What a cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete