Saturday, November 17, 2012

it's a love/hate kinda thing

I'm trying to figure out some Thanksgiving meal ideas for Ben and I'm watching him eat a itty bitty teeny tiny amount of beans for dinner.

I've given him a 1/4 tsp measuring spoon to help him make it last a bit longer...but it breaks my heart to see him try to eat this beloved food.  He works to get every single tiny bit.  He begs for more.

Some days I wish I never re-introduced this food to him.  It's hard to understand that a tiny bit is better than none. 

We love and hate the ketogenic diet at the same time...

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean about the love/hate thing. It's so hard to see our kids so distressed, and there are so many triggers everywhere. It gets easier, I promise. You're getting through the hardest part right now.

    (For my kids, occasionally something that works is saying yes, and then qualifying it. "Yes, you may have some more beans. At breakfast." It might not work for Ben, but it's an idea you can try.)

    Sending love.

    ReplyDelete