Wednesday, November 28, 2012

rolls {keto style}

I've wanted to try making these rolls for a while now, but haven't had time.  Thanksgiving kinda pushed me in that direction since I knew we would be eating rolls and Ben loves rolls.

I made both the high fiber rolls and the coconut flour rolls at the same time so I could do a side by side comparison.

They both include psylium husks which promote regularity.  Apparently, there is a recommended amount that kids can have of this per day so I was a little leery of using it, but it ended up being fine.



Ben kept calling the high fiber rolls, the chocolate ones because they were so dark.  :) 


The coconut flour rolls were much bigger.  It was surprising because it called for 100 grams of olive oil and I thought it must be a typo because that is ALOT of oil.  But the psylium husks and flour soaked it all in! 

The coconut flour ones definitely won out in our family taste test, but they were incredibly dry.  I brought one along for our Thanksgiving dinner and Ben picked at it a bit, but never really ate it entirely. 

It's nice to know that this option is available to us when he really wants a roll.

2 comments:

  1. I just got caught up on the blog- I was about a month behind! Congratulations on making it a year on the diet. I am so proud of all of you. Ben is amzing and so incredibly worry of admiration! You inspire me to be a better mother. Congratulations!!!!!

    Deborah D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from New Zealand - our son Phoenix has Doose Syndrome as well - Im on the group email and have posted many times there. Your blog is great - its amazing to share experiences in life - hope you have a great day, Karina

    ReplyDelete