Friday, November 9, 2012

turkey sandwich {keto style}


I have to thank my wonderful sister-in-law, Dana, for helping to create this meal.  She has a new part time job - balancing meals in the ketocalculator - anytime she wants!  :)  She compared balancing the meals to a game of sudoku on steroids.  Ha!

Anyway, we were trying to balance his peanut butter tortilla meal and ended up creating a turkey sandwich!  He has wanted one of these for quite some time now, so I was excited about it.  I've tried before but always had butter on the sandwich or the much dreaded mayo (or the even worse butter and mayo combo!). 

This meal is wonderful!  He gets a little less than 1/2 of a tortilla, about 1 1/2 slices of turkey breast, a little bit of cheese, a spoonful of butter/peanut butter mixture, some macadamia nuts, and 2 syringes of oil.  It feels normal.  It looks normal.  Sometimes I get so frustrated thinking back over the meals that we endured at the beginning of this diet.  This is such a simple meal and I don't understand why things like this weren't presented to us in the hospital.  I don't know...but I'm glad we have found a tiny bit of normal. 

1 comment:

  1. We had terrible meals at the beginning, too, with Jade gagging down broccoli and whipped cream. Half the battle is finding ways to make it more appealing. And you're getting it!!

    How's the meal editing going?

    ReplyDelete