Monday, May 6, 2013

16 reasons to be thankful....

Since today marks 16 months without a seizure, here are 16 things we are thankful for!

  1. No seizures for 16 months - that's 486 days!
  2. He's been off the diet for over a month.
  3. I haven't carried diastat in my purse for a long time now. 
  4. We don't have to plan our entire day around Ben's food anymore.  We can be spontaneous again!
  5. I don't spend hours using the ketocalculator to figure out meals.
  6. Ben has had a cough for the past few days and we were able to give him cough medicine!
  7. Everyday, he seems to be gaining new grounds.  He has initiated and maintained interest in puzzles and board games for the first time in a long time.
  8. He passed his speech therapist in the hallway during school, recognized her and called her by name on his own.
  9. He is asking a lot of questions - he is curious.
  10. He asked me what brownies were when I was baking some for school and he loved getting to be the taste tester.  :)
  11. His blood work all returned normal.  They checked things like potassium, liver enzymes, and cholesterol.  One cholesterol related number went from 186 to 39 in 2 months time.  This was while on the diet and off the diet.  I can't remember if it was his bad cholesterol number or the triglyceride number, but it is definitely looking better now!
  12. Family dinners are so much fun - we ate corn on the cob for the first time since 2011!
  13. His energy level is high! {someone remind me at the end of the day that I'm thankful for this}  :)
  14. He wants to "read" by himself in bed at night for a few minutes.
  15. He can't remember a lot of food he used to have to eat on the diet...he could only name "nuts and cream".  This whole ordeal may only be a memory for me and Leeon.  That would be a blessing.
  16. We are getting our boy back!  Everyday is a better day in some way.  Sometimes its something so small you could almost miss it, but oh, we are thrilled!
 


5 comments:

  1. Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! He makes Beautiful Things! Amen and Amen. I always get excited when I see an email about one of your blog posts. Really need to be reminded about the light at the end of the tunnel today. Celebrating with and for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We continue to praise God for Ben's miracle!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy!!!! I haven't read the blog since you made the decision to give up the diet just before Easter. I think I've been too afraid! I knew it would be ok, though. I knew that precious baby was going to get his Taco Bono soon! Perfect timing for the new Taco Cabana in town to open, huh? ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. :')Tears of happiness. Thank you for this great report. TGBtG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This is so exciting to read!! So, so thrilled for you! (And, of course, I LOVE your rainbow list.) ;)

    ReplyDelete