Saturday, June 14, 2014

update {finally}

It's been a while since I've updated...here's a look at some of what's been going on around here:
 
Ben turned 7!  I can hardly believe it and of course celebrating with real cake will always be special. 
 

 
We participated in the Epilepsy Walk at the Ft. Worth Zoo and had a wonderful time!  Can you see that sign Ben is holding? 
It says 819 days (and counting) without a seizure!!!!  It's wonderful that the count is no longer our focus.  He is seizure free.

 
We had a wonderful visit with our neurologist in May.  We are continuing to use felbatol only.  Ben has not had a dosage increase on this med ever.  He is on the same dosage as January 2012.  He is basically self-weaning this med once you account for growth.  So, we will hold steady.


And the best news is that it is finally summer! 


 
I have a lot to share.  Our focus has shifted from the medical side of this journey to the academic and developmental side of it all.  Ben is healthy and strong - his growth curve has returned to normal.  Ben is a joy to be around and tries so very hard.  I will be updating the blog more often again and I hope to share my heart. 

1 comment:

  1. I love getting an email saying you have a new blog post! Ben looks great! So healthy and handsome! Over 800 days seizure free and "real cake!" YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete